A. PRIVACY PROTECTION
- We do not run banner ads, pop-ups, pop-unders, or any other kind of commercial ads.
- We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies," "web beacons," or single-pixel gifs or images).
- Account information is password-protected. We do not have access to passwords. Please keep your password safe.
- FTS does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18 without parental consent. If FTS learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 18 without parental consent, FTS will remove that post.
- FTS, or people who post on FTS, may provide links to third-party websites, which may have different privacy practices. FTS is not responsible for, nor has any control over, the privacy policies of those third-party websites, and encourages all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
B. DATA COLLECTION
- We sometimes collect your email address for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, or other similar purposes.
- For paid postings, we collect contact information such as name(s), phone number(s), and addresses for billing purposes.
- We sometimes collect your phone number for account authentication purposes, or to return support calls. We may transmit it to a third party service for verification.
- FTS does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the FTS site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
C. DATA STORAGE
- All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Registered users can access and update their account information through the account homepage.
- Although FTS makes good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
D. INFORMATION RELEASE
- FTS may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
E. INTERNATIONAL USERS
- When visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of FTS we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
F. COPYRIGHT POLICY
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any product, User Content or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing (See 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, your e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.